Submitting this form indicates that I have read and agree to follow and adhere to all parade rules and operate my entry at the aforementioned special event, and agree to comply by all event rules and municipal rules and regulations set forth throughout this document and any attached documents. I also assume the responsibility of informing my co-workers, parents, participants, guests and any individual participating in my entry of the event rules and will ensure that they are adhered to and complied with throughout the entire event.
Thank you for registering for the 2017 Baytown Christmas Parade however,
YOU’RE NOT DONE YET!
1 – READ THE ATTACHED INFO! - Parade packets pick up times, street closures, rules, and guidelines can all be found in the attached document. Please do not hesitate to call the Baytown Parks and Recreation Department at 281-420-6597 with any questions leading up to the event.
2 – PLAN TO DECORATE! – ALL ENTRIES MUST BE DECORATED!
Please start now to come up with fun and exciting ideas to decorate each and all aspects of your parade entry. Starting in 2017 we will have parade marshals to ensure everyone is decked out in the Holiday Spirit. If you have to ask “is my entry decorated enough”, it’s not. Non decorated entries will be removed from the parade route as needed.
*Please DO NOT include a “Santa” on your entry. This honor is reserved for the real parade Santa who is at the end of the parade each year
3 – PICK UP YOUR PARADE PACKET! – All parade packets will be available from 8am to 8pm on Wednesday, December 6th or from 8am to 4pm on Thursday, December 7th. Your parade packet includes your “Road Block Pass”, Parade number (line up spot), and Parade Map. Each year someone “didn’t know” to pick up their packet, don’t be that guy.
Thank you for your participation in the 2017 Baytown Christmas Parade. Enclosed are “friendly reminders” for you to review and share with your group. The parade line-up will begin in front of Bicentennial Park on Market Street, and travel down Market Street toward the Baytown Community Center. Once the parade begins, it will move down Texas Avenue and conclude at Commerce Street. To ensure the safety of our participants, all entries will be directed over the railroad tracks to disband past Texas Avenue and North Main, except for the school marching groups. All school marching groups will turn right on to Commerce Street and disperse at Gulf Street. Please have all parents meet at Gulf Street to pick-up their children. We ask that you determine your groups “pick up spot” ahead of time.
• All parade entries MUST be decorated with a holiday theme “Christmas Texas Style”. Decorations include lights, garland, props, or any other appropriate holiday decorations. It is preferable that entries incorporate the parade theme in their music, entry design, and costumes.
• Entries must be entertaining and wholesome for a family audience.
• All Walking Groups shall have a banner with group name and parade number visible, and wear costumes or holiday colors that reflect the parade theme.
• All Walking, Marching and Performance groups must stay in constant motion to not delay the parade. Constant forward motion of the parade line-up must be maintained at a steady rate to prevent gaps. Please do not stop and perform along the parade route or in front of the judge’s stand.
• Absolutely NO candy, toys or objects may be thrown from participants on the vehicles and floats. This is a safety and liability issue with young children running in the streets to retrieve these items.
• Only Christmas music may be played / projected from the entrant’s floats, vehicles, etc. Any vehicle playing profane music will be pulled from the parade.
• No fire or pyrotechnics or the firing of firearms of any kind are allowed.
• All children participating in the parade must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• Only family appropriate dancing shall displayed by the dance groups – no provocative dancing!
• Entries that use live animals (cats, dogs, etc.) are responsible for cleaning up after them.
• Due to safety measures and the length of the parade, groups with children under the age of 6 must be riding on a vehicle or float instead of walking.
• Vehicles may not drive fast on the parade route. Safety is our concern during the event!
• No spinning wheels (burn-outs), etc. on the parade route.
• Floats may be no more than 13 feet high to pass safely under the stop lights.
• A map will be provided for all parade entrants. Please follow all directions that are provided for you and your group, and we would appreciate it if you would pass all necessary information on to all your participants.
• Please designate a spot (other than the parade line-up area) to meet before and after the parade. To ensure the safety of our participants, all entries will be directed over the railroad tracks to disband past Texas Avenue and North Main, except for the school marching groups. All school marching groups will turn right on to Commerce Street and disperse at Gulf Street. Please have all parents meet at Gulf Street to pick-up their children. We ask that you determine your groups “pick up spot” ahead of time.
• A parade number will be assigned for each vehicle you enter in the parade. This number MUST be displayed in the upper passenger side of your vehicle / float for you to enter the parade route. This also must be visible for judging purposes. If you have more than one vehicle in your entry – please make a copy of the number and display it on all cars. You will not be able to get into the parade line-up without a number.
• All entries MUST display the name of their group visibly on the front of their parade entry for the judges and the crowd to see. If your entry contains vehicles and walking groups they must be lined up in the following order: Vehicle/Trailer/Walkers. No walking group should “lead an entry”
Market Street will become a “one way” street at 5:00 p.m. (north-east bound). The outer left AND right lanes will be used for parade line-up. All vehicles must enter the parade line-up from West Main at Market Street near the Baytown Community Center. Any participants coming from 146 / J.B. LeFevre will be directed down Airhart to Market Street. Parade Line-Up will begin at 5:30 p.m. Once decorated, parade entries will proceed down Market to the numbered cone corresponding to their parade entry number.
Entries may be decorated at the Community Center Parking Lot. Please do not use Robert E. Lee High School parking lot to decorate.
The following streets will be closed beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m., and the streets will not begin re-opening until after the parade has past those locations.
• Decker Dr. / Market St. / Texas Ave.
• Lee Dr. at Market St.
• Carnegie at Market St.
• M.L.K (Stadium Drive) at Market St.
• JB LeFevre at Market St. (Vehicles will be re-routed down Airhart)
• Texas Ave.
• Defee Ave. at Pruett St.
Awards will be available by Monday, December 18th. Awards will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Use of Overall Theme
Best Use of Lighting
Best First Responder
Best Antique Vehicle
Best Club / Organization
Best Company / Business
Best Military Group
Best Motorized Novelty Vehicle
Best Non-Motorized Novelty Vehicle
Best School Band
Best School Cheer Squad
Best School Choir
Best School Dance/Drill Team
Best Honor / Color Guard
In the event of inclement weather, please call Baytown Parks and Recreation at (281) 420-6597.
A decision will be made by 4:00 p.m. the afternoon of the parade if a cancellation is necessary.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
BAYTOWN PARKS & RECREATION
2407 MARKET STREET
BAYTOWN, TEXAS 77520
Phone: (281) 420-6597
Fax: (281) 420-5847